What is hotel CRS system?
Hotel CRS system which is also known as the hotel central reservation system is an electronic reservation system which helps the hotel chains and groups to maintain the hotel information, rooms rates, and availability for managing the reservation and other functions. CRS assist in providing the room details along with the rates and the availability to the 3rd parties and other OTAs. This system helps in managing the reservation through all the portal from the single point system.
Why hotel central reservation system is needed for hotels and resorts?
The central reservation system is of greater help to the hotel staff as well as to the hotel owners.
- Helps in managing the booking without any mistakes and conflicts. Though hotel carries Booking Engine(BE) and Channel Manager(CM) software, central reservation system resolves problems which can’t be handled with BE and CM.
- CRS helps hotel owners and also hotel staff to not only make the reservation of the guest but also view the details across all the computers in the system thus eliminating the confusion and the booking problem.
- Assist in forecasting and to get the overview of the total number of booking for a particular time period, see which is the busy season and which is the period when your hotel is getting less number of bookings.
- One can handle all the hotel’s reservation from one single point unless all the systems are connected through the CRS software.
- Helps in understanding the booking pattern and guides in developing a better customer relationship. The system possesses the ability to hold data and the information of the guest which can be easily retrieved. This helps the hotels in managing a long list of customers.